"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." [Mark Twain]

Monday, February 7, 2011

Beachy Daze on the Funny Farm

So maybe I have had a bit too much of this?

Hmmmm.....

I wish! 

It has been too many days to count since my last life update and experience tracking. Watch out folks, Jessica is back with an agenda! 

My adventures in Munich have been put on PAUSE since December 16th, 2010.


I really dislike whoever pushed that button. Now, I'm getting my player checked out, so the PLAY button will finally be working again. I've had to write up many applications and set up many interviews to find the right handyman. I feel I'm on the cusp of solving this mysterious dilemma. My PLAY button shall work - I can feel it in my bones. February is the month of the magical fix. 

Till then, here's my fantastic life on the Funny Farm in a nutshell.


Lots and Lots of beloved family time - The thing is, I just discovered this and felt super bad about not realizing this great advantage of being able to spend time at home without work obligations or others. Please forgive me beloved familia! I haven't had this much free time to spend with family since ummm...before I got a job at 16! I've been a workaholic since then, went off to Uni in Texas for 4 years and studied abroad and worked in the summers - leaving family time to just find it's place among my busy life. Even though this break has been detrimental to my social life off the Funny Farm, I thank God for this PAUSE

Applications and Interviews Galore - You don't even want to see all that goes into this. It drove me crazy in the beginning sorting it all out. But, now I've got such an amazing system of organizing everything that I feel like a real pro and I could teach my methods to other job seekers. So, here's an open offer for anyone wanting tips!

Hobby Catch-Up - This is mainly my wild crafty side. I LOVE creating. Anything. I've made a few nice selections of jewelry for friends and family - earrings, necklaces, etc. I've also thought of some great ideas for purses. I've got the medium, but now I'm on the hunt for the right covering/decorating materials. Also, cooking. Send me your fave recipes ladies and gents cuz I've got kitchen duty and I'm lovin' it!

Me Time - Much needed breathing time. Like I said before, even though it has just been less than 2 months of being home, I haven't had something like this since I was 16. I see it as a good pit stop in the middle of my journey. I'm out of the car and taking in the fresh air, preparing to step back in and slowly put on the gas to my next spot in life. I still can't decide which is better. Manual or Automatic? I guess it just comes down to the situation. Most of the time, I like to just go with the flow of the wind. But, sometimes it is all about stepping in and taking control of that gear, slowly releasing your foot from the clutch. The key? Balance.

So, let's Prost to the joys of family and friends and all that life brings. I'm off to enjoy another lovely family adventure and taking that sidekick travel bug with me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment